L10N.cz Translation Community
L10N.cz is a Czech community project for free and open source software localization. The project aims to accomplish the following goals:
- using consistent terminology across Czech translations of free and open source software,
- collaboration between the translation teams from various projects,
- recruiting new translators,
- improving the quality of translation,
- simplifying translators work, and avoiding duplicate translation efforts.
The English-Czech translation dictionary, which is available on this site's L10N.cz Wiki, is the main resource for terminology unification. It has emerged from consensus amongst translators coming from different free and open source software projects, such as GNOME, KDE, Mozilla, Debian, Ubuntu, among others.
Discussions on terminology and other English-Czech translation topics take place in the project's mailing list.
L10N.cz Wiki contains not only the translation dictionary, but also a summary of basic rules in the translation process, translation utilities, and localization tools that can be used by both the beginners in localization and the advanced contributors to the community-driven software translation. Links to other relevant dictionaries, translation team websites, and related localization projects are also available. You can edit the wiki pages after signing up for an account.
There are plenty of ways to help out:
- report bugs in translation,
- write or translate guidelines on the wiki (a good resource is here),
- subscribe to our mailing list,
- discuss terminology contained in the L10N.cz translation dictionary,
- fix bugs and typos found on this website.
Information specific to those who want to join one of the existing Czech translation communities, including a localization beginner's FAQ, is available on the wiki (in Czech).
Email: pknbe at volny.cz
Email/Jabber: ondrej at sury.org
Original Project Author:
Email/Jabber: vaclav.cermak at gmail.com
l10n.cz domain sponsored by:
Občanské sdružení Ubuntu pro Českou republiku
Email: sdruzeni at ubuntu.cz
Author of the Comparative Dictionary:
Jabber: mhb at jabber.cz
Logo contributed by:
Email: jtojnar at gmail.com
Favicon contributed by:
Email: marek at manet.cz